Thursday, November 26, 2009

Week 12 Picks

First off, I just want to thank everyone that's been following my blog for the past few weeks. Surprisingly, these blogs are way harder to promote than you can imagine.

Next, I wanted to give a shout out to the men and women overseas that don't have the luxury of being with friends and family this holiday season. Their sacrifice and commitment is second to none and I dare anyone to tell them otherwise. The blood, sweat, and tears that have been shed since 9/11 will certainly be remembered by my family this Thanksgiving and I would venture to say that many other families out there can say the same.

Before we get started here with picks, I'd like to mention that my record last week was 10-6 against the spread, 14-2 straight up, and 8-7-1 on the over/unders. So let's get those tickets ready to Vegas....I'm on a roll!

Now, on with the picks!

Green Bay (-12) @ Detroit O/U 48

This game just reeks. Detroit is coming off of a huge win against the Browns and will be playing without their starting QB (I stand corrected...Adam Schefter just tweeted that Stafford will start this week...Gutsy.). This was a no-brainer during the Brett Favre days in Packerland, but now that Dr. Aaron and Mr. Rodgers are playing QB for the Pack...anything's possible! My brain tells me Green Bay should enjoy a nice feast of tenderlions this Thanksgiving, but my gut tells me never to listen to my brain when it comes to the NFL. So....GB by 10 and UNDER

Oakland (+14) @ Dallas O/U 40

The Cowboys defense is just plain nasty. So nasty that Redskins QB, Jason Campbell, completed 13 of 13 passes on 3rd down for 150 yards and the Skins could only manage 6 points. This week the Cowboys offense was stripped by the local media of whatever shred of manhood they were clinging on to. I look for them to put the naysayers to bed and go looking for dinner against the lowly Raiders. Dallas by 17 and OVER.

NYG (-7) @ Denver O/U 42.5

Both teams are 1-4 in their last 5 games and have been written off by many so-called experts. Everyone had assumed that the "old" Giants were back after they jumped out to a commanding lead against the bandwagon Falcons. However, the Giants were outscored 24-14 in the second-half, but held on to win by a FG in OT. I believe this game will be low scoring and the Giants should be able to edge the overachieving Broncos with a late FG. Giants by 3 and UNDER

Week 12 Picks will be continued tomorrow! I hope everyone enjoys family, friends, football, turkey, stuffing, and dessert, in that specific order, this Thanksgiving. Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment