Thursday, December 3, 2009

There's a game on tonight??

The first thing that I want to talk about this week is how embarrassed I am with last week’s picks. I could go on and on about all of the games that should have gone one way, but went the other. However, let’s start with some positives.

In just my second week of NFL picks, I’ve already established that I’m money picking the games straight up. I’m currently picking games at a 75% clip and in the past two weeks I’ve nailed four huge upsets and was on the verge of a fifth until the Eagles scored 11 unanswered points in the fourth quarter against the Redskins. This is what I love about the NFL, the unpredictable nature of the beast. The thing that bothers me is this: I can’t remember a single season in which we’ve had this many great teams (Colts, Saints, Vikes, Cowboys, Pats, Chargers), even more bottom feeders (Lions, Browns, Rams, Bucs, Bills, Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs), more questionable coaching decisions, and less season ending injuries. The first and last part of the previous sentence is encouraging, but the other two parts are just terrifying. Where do those cellar dwellers go after this season? What can they possibly do to become relevant again? Is there anyone coming out of next April’s draft that can turn a franchise around? Sorry, the A.D.D. was kicking in there. Back to the picks…

Thursday Night - NFL Pick


NYJ (-3) @ Buf O/U 37

First, I would wager that 80% of America doesn’t have a clue about this game being televised tonight. This would be the game of the week if it were in Week 2 or 3, but Rex Ryan’s emotional breakdown, Mark Sanchez’s seven INTs in the past three games, and T.O.’s sub-par 3 TDs in the first 11 games of the season have given this game the same kind of buildup as the Lions/Browns matchup from Week 11. That game just so happened to be one of the most entertaining games of the season. I look for a similar pattern in tonight’s game. Buffalo’s defense will outscore New York’s offense and defense. Pick: Buf by 4 and OVER


Even after last week’s mediocre performance, I’m still profitable against the spread at 55%. I'm not so profitable when it comes to the Over/Under, my prognosticating abilities are shaky at best. My picks are a Shaq Free-Throwesque 44%. Here’s a breakdown of the past two weeks of football foresight:

Week 11 vs. spread: 10-6

Week 12 vs. spread: 7-8-1

Total: 17-14-1

Week 11 straight up: 14-2

Week 12 straight up: 10-6

Total: 24-8

Week 11 O/U: 8-8

Week 12 O/U: 6-10

Total: 14-18

No comments:

Post a Comment