Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hibernation

Dear readers (all nine of you),

My wife and I have been on a whirlwind of a holiday vacation since December 21st and this is literally the first time I've been able to sit down and put it all on paper. Err...keyboard. Err...you know what I mean. I would give you all an apology, albeit an empty one, that would be a little bit like winning a trophy for finishing in last place. I guess you can't really measure your stress/frustration level in the game of life when you're a.) trying to start a sports blog from scratch b.) taking 12 hours of classes this semester c.) working part-time in an industry that you never knew existed until 5 months ago, and d.) newly married since June 2009.

So, when a vacation presents itself....you seize the day my friends. That's exactly what I did. No blog. No school. No work. No wife....wait a second, she's still here. Well 3 for 4 isn't bad.

Over the past few weeks, my life has been oddly fulfilled. Maybe being married has some perks that I wasn't aware of. For instance, you get to celebrate multiple Christmases. We celebrated Christmas with her family in Houston first, then hustled up to Mabank for a quick Nichols family Christmas. I understand that it may start out being a perk and may eventually end up a nightmare, but Christmas 2009 was outstanding in my book. (The PS3, EOS Rebel, The Hangover DVD, and other goodies were just icing on the cake!)

To make a long story short, I'm still on vacation. Consider this my version of checking in. Or out...whichever makes more sense to you. I'll return to my normal weekly blog after the BCS National Championship game on January 8th. My plan is to be the Vince Young of sports bloggers. Promising start....everything goes haywire for few weeks....then reels off seven straight wins out of nowhere. As my good friend Khayam would say, "I'll understand quantum physics 'fore I understand the NFL."

Have a happy New Year!

JNick

P.S. - Send me your New Year's resolutions. I'd like to know what everyone is planning for 2010.

2 comments:

  1. EOS Rebel? Haven't you heard that Agassi was a fraud? That camera looks good, but if you crack it open, you'll see nothing but styrofoam packing S's. Speaking of which, I just saw a preview for a movie called "Last of the Mohicans Part II: That WASN'T the Last of Them." It stars a 1980s Andre Agassi. I don't wanna spoil the plot, but he get's scalped. And then he starts crying. ZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great flick! I've heard it's nominated for an Oscar in the "best costume" category because the director decked the entire Agassi tribe out in Zubaz pants. Should be breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete